Today I’m thankful that I didn’t kill my family last night. I was cleaning up the kitchen and had gotten a shipment of Shaklee products in the mail. I was very excited to see how they worked-sadly, I wasn’t wowed but I’m going to keep using them and see if I change my mind.
So there I was scrubbing away and I accidentally turned on one of the burners on the stove. I turned it right off and thought nothing of it. I finished around 8:15 and sat down to watch the wonderful Lynn Chen in The People I’ve Slept With. Shaun was at volleyball and when he came home he said that it smelled funny. I didn’t notice anything and finished watching the movie (very funny btw). After it was over ~10:15, I got up to get ready for bed and I just smelled the heavy, awful smell of natural gas. I knew instantly that it was the stove and sure enough, the burner that I thought I had turned off was actually on and pouring gas into the house.
I freaked out! I opened all the windows and doors (even though it was in the low 30’s last night) and was sure that I had killed our bird. Birds are really sensitive to gases and can drop dead really easily when exposed. Thankfully (?) natural gas is heavier than air and I had the birdie out on top of her cage last night so she was probably above the gas. BUT! since natural gas is heavier than air, I started worrying about Lu sleeping downstairs. I didn’t know what to do so I made Shaun sleep with all our windows open. It was seriously cold but I was sure that I had killed everyone in my house.
This morning we woke up to a very cold but gas free house with all members of our family alive. Thank goodness!!!!